Become a Member
Members are eligible for our plans if they meet the following criteria:
- Individuals must have both Medicare Part A and Part B to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
- You live in our service area.
- You don't have end-stage renal disease (ESRD). Some exceptions may apply.
Timeline for Enrollment
Individuals may enroll in a Medicare Advantage or stand-alone prescription drug plan only during specific times of the year. Any Medicare-eligible individual may enroll during the Annual Enrollment Period, beginning October 15 through December 7, for coverage beginning the following January, or you may be eligible to enroll at other times including:
- Initial Coverage Election Period (ICEP): This is the period when you first become eligible for Medicare. If you are about to turn 65, you can enroll up to three months before to three months after the month you turn 65.
- Special Election Period (SEP): You may be granted a SEP by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to change plans outside of the Annual Election Period or Initial Coverage Election Period. Special Election Periods are time sensitive. Some examples of life events that may qualify for a SEP include but are not limited to: You receive Extra Help; You moved out of the service area; You leave coverage from your employer or union.
How to Apply
Our Online Enrollment tool is the fastest and easiest way to sign up for a FamilyCare Health Medicare Advantage Plan.
You can enroll using the online app on this website or by using the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center at Medicare.gov.
Mail or Fax Your Enrollment Form
You also have the option to print an Enrollment Form; fill it out; and mail or fax it back to us. By completing and sending the enrollment election form to FamilyCare Health, you are enrolling in a FamilyCare Health Advantage Plan.
Attention: Enrollment Department
825 NE Multnomah St., Suite 1400
Portland, OR 97232
Fax to: 503-345-5751
Questions? Call us: 866-225-2273 (TTY/TDD 711)
FamilyCare Health is an HMO with a Medicare and Oregon Health Plan (Medicaid) contract. Enrollment in FamilyCare Health Medicare Advantage plans depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums, and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. If you enroll in FamilyCare Community (HMO SNP), the Oregon Health Plan will pay your Part B premium for you. FamilyCare Community (HMO SNP) is available to people who qualify for Medicare and the Oregon Health Plan (Medicaid). Premiums, copays, coinsurance, and deductibles may vary based on the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
Y0103_WEB_00354 — Approved (Updated 10/05/2017)